Saturday, May 14, 2011

Our first visit to Oregon Wine Country

Chuck & Nina had visited the area last year, so we were happy to take their advice on where to go.  We started Saturday morning with a short drive to Carlton, and visited the Winemakers Studio. They feature 11 different winemakers, and we found friendly and helpful folks to start our weekend:

Oops - while it doesn't look like the first taste is agreeing with the guys, I'm sure it was just the early morning start.



Now they are getting into the swing of things.





A stop at another winery (I really should remember to write down names of places we visit):





Chuck & Nina are kind enough to pose for a photo


I entertained myself by checking out the flowers

We stopped in one of the local towns for a nice lunch,and then on to another winery or two.  (I wasn't planning on doing a blog for this trip, so didn't really track our route and each winery).  Some more photos from the day:





The disadvantage of traveling with friends is, they make you pose as well!



Almost a nice photo ... missed the focus on the vineyard

1 comment:

  1. Never thought I'd see Lou frowning at a glass of wine, even for breakfast.

    Capt Matt

    ReplyDelete